Collaborative & Inspiring – Has a company mindset and works for the good of the whole team. Embraces teamwork and achieving excellence together. Understands the interdependencies and impact of their work on others and works to coordinate with others. Communicates clearly and open to new ideas.
Delivers Accountability – Consistently meets and exceeds goals. Makes sound decisions and uses good judgment to drive for results. Maintains focus on top priorities. Takes responsibility for own actions and results.
Embraces Diversity of Thought – Open to diversity of thought and style. Understands cultural identity and works productively on diverse teams. Contributes to an inclusive work environment where everyone can be themselves and develop to their full potential.
Strong Communicator— Communicates clearly and effectively to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively in a variety of settings including guest interaction, one-on-one and team settings.
Stays Curious – Looks for new ways to learn and grow. Thinks creatively and is open to new ideas and innovation. Focus on building skills for the present and future. Learns from mistakes and embraces change.
• Exhibit a passion for design and a willing curiosity to understand and grow in the design program for our brand
• Minimum of 6 months retail experience in a Ballard Designs store or 1 year retail experience in the home décor market and/or a recent college degree or associate degree graduate with a design focus
• If applicable, provide a design portfolio or examples of school design concepts
• Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and other web based platforms
• Ability to work independently as directed • Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple objectives simultaneously with various time lines
• Excellent communications skills and follow-up
• Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
• Available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50lbs
• Ability to travel occasionally to support our ever-expanding retail market
• Ability to climb ladders and be fearless
• Ability to continually smile, be nice, and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guest are the reason we are in business Ballard Designs is part of
Cornerstone Brands, a family of leading home and apparel brands including Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road, and Improvements.
Apply on company website