With over 30 successful years as a direct marketer of globally inspired home furnishings, Ballard Designs is rapidly expanding through our retail and e-commerce divisions. To support this exciting growth, we are seeking high-energy, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join our retail team. If this sounds like you and you're ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you! Our retail expansion in key markets starts with hiring the best leaders.
As a Sales Lead, you will deliver an inspiring shopping experience in which our guests feel inspired and empowered to customize their space. You will champion the Ballard Designs brand at every guest encounter and ensure your stellar team exemplifies brand values, standards and experiences. The dynamic energy from your leadership will drive company initiatives, increase sales and set your store to exceed all expectations.
The Sales Lead Position Primary Responsibilities
- Exemplify the guest experience; passionate about providing exceptional service and leading a team of service minded associates
- Support, model, and coach a seamless guest service focus by creating an environment that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and efficient for guests and team members
- Welcome, entertain and host our guest; perform effective floor leadership activities while setting the pace and energy in the store
- Become highly engaged in how our guest shops; understands the competitive landscape and well versed in Ballard Designs on social platforms
- Provide a lasting impression on our guest through a seamless check out experience
- • Create a relaxed environment surrounding any level of guest service issues and champion resolutions with business savvy while exceeding guest expectations
- Accountable for the overall guest experience ‘Division of Responsibility' alignment
- Builds positive working relationships with Associate Store Manager and store team to clarify priorities, share business insight and best practices
- Partner with Sales Lead-Visual Merchandising on product and assortment needs to ensure store is full, abundant and visually compelling
- Coach and mentor team members on product knowledge and empower them with the tools necessary to anticipate the needs of our guest
- Communicate clearly and directly to create an environment where all team members are treated fairly and with dignity and respect
- Educate team to build guest loyalty through in-store programs including, but not limited to, Design Services, private label credit card, and community outreach programs
- Assess team member key performance indicators rankings
- Identify guest experience training opportunities
- Engage in store meetings, trainings and activities to elevate the overall guest experience by sharing the relevant information
- Perform store opening, closing and banking activities, as needed
- Provide actionable and specific performance feedback to the management team based on observation of the store team
- 2+ years of experience in the retail industry
- Excellent communications, delegations, follow-up and analytical skills
- Ability to function independently or in a team and show judgment in managing a fast-paced environment adapting to change with a sense of urgency
- Highly organized and persistent with resolving guest service issues
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with guests and team members; maneuver around sales floor, stockroom and store office; lift and carry 50lbs.
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and store closings per the needs of the business.
- Ability to continually smile, be nice, and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guests are the reason we are in business
Apply on company website