The people who work at Ballard Designs are passionate about creating a destination for aspiring and professional decorators alike. Like a good friend with great taste, they welcome all who visit with warmth and genuine enthusiasm
and showcase all the ingredients for the guest to turn their ideas into reality. The passion for our brand is demonstrated through every experience created as we strive to give our guests the inspiration they need to shape their plans.
With over 30 successful years as a direct marketer of globally inspired home furnishings, Ballard Designs is rapidly expanding through our retail and e-commerce divisions. To support this exciting growth, we are seeking high-energy,
motivated, team-oriented individuals to join our retail team. If this sounds like you and you're ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you!
Our retail expansion in key markets starts with hiring the best leaders. As a Sales Lead, you will deliver an inspiring shopping experience in which our guests feel inspired and empowered to customize their space. You will champion the Ballard Designs brand at every guest encounter and ensure your stellar team exemplifies brand values, standards and experiences. The dynamic energy from your leadership will drive company initiatives, increase sales and set your store to exceed all expectations.
The Sales Lead Position
• Exemplify the guest experience; passionate about providing exceptional service and leading a team of service minded associates
• Support, model, and coach a seamless guest service focus by creating an environment that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and efficient for guests and team members
• Welcome, entertain and host our guest; perform effective floor leadership activities while setting the pace and energy in the store
• Become highly engaged in how our guest shops; understands the competitive landscape and well versed in Ballard Designs on social platforms
• Provide a lasting impression on our guest through a seamless check out experience
• Create a relaxed environment surrounding any level of guest service issues and champion resolutions with business savvy while exceeding guest expectations
• Accountable for the overall guest experience ‘Division of Responsibility' alignment
• Builds positive working relationships with Associate Store Manager and store team to clarify priorities, share business insight and best practices
• Partner with Sales Lead-Visual Merchandising on product and assortment needs to ensure store is full, abundant and visually compelling
• Coach and mentor team members on product knowledge and empower them with the tools necessary to anticipate the needs of our guest
• Communicate clearly and directly to create an environment where all team members are treated fairly and with dignity and respect
• Educate team to build guest loyalty through in-store programs including, but not limited to, Design Services, private label credit card, and community outreach programs
• Assess team member key performance indicators rankings
• Identify guest experience training opportunities
• Engage in store meetings, trainings and activities to elevate the overall guest experience by sharing the relevant information
• Perform store opening, closing and banking activities, as needed
• Provide actionable and specific performance feedback to the management team based on observation of the store team
PERSONAL LEADERSHIP FUNDAMENTALS
Do What's Right--Attracts, develops and motivates the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through
own behavior. Ensure alignment of individual goals and leadership development to support overall business objectives. Coaches team members to the selling model for success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results. Embraces teamwork and monitors the continued leadership excellence while fostering an environment of trust. Always stays focused on top priorities.
Drive Progress--Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Keeps commitments without excuses, demonstrates
high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment. Takes smart risks and always supports others to do the same.
Be Brave—Communicates clearly and effectively with team members at all levels, external partners and guests. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and
to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences. Addresses challenges and change proactivity but always open to other ideas.
Act with Empathy --Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflicts to achieve a resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams inspired and focused on the success of the entire company. Understands the interdependencies and impact of their work on others and works to coordinate with others. Graciously stresses the importance of effective change management and champions' innovation … ultimately nurturing a great store culture.
Delivers Accountability – Consistently expects accountability with the leadership team and demonstrates this level of expectation with team members. Requests on-going reporting of various performance indicators to qualify the
integrity of all touch points associated with the store results and guest experiences. Monitors and champions team member engagement and holds leaders responsible for the engagement of their teams.
• 2+ years of experience in the retail industry
• Excellent communications, delegations, follow -up and analytical skills
• Ability to function independently or in a team and show judgment in managing a fast -paced environment adapting to change with a sense of urgency
• Highly organized and persistent with resolving guest service issues
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with guests and team members; maneuver around sales floor, stockroom and store office; lift and carry 50lbs.
• Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and store closings per the needs of the business.
• Ability to continually smile, be nice, and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guests are the reason we are in business
• This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change at
Apply on company website