The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Staffing Services, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Flexible Schedules (select positions)
- Fewer Shifts Cancelled
- Weekly pay
- 403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee wellness program
- Discount Entertainment tickets
- Restaurant/Shopping discounts
- Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
About Banner Staffing Service AZ
Supporting Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. In addition, Staffing Services provides the best training in the business, so you can hit the ground running as you enjoy unequaled clinical variety, professional flexibility and lifestyle choices. We provide registry and travel assignments throughout the western United States. The registry allows you to create your own schedule by offering opportunities in a variety of hospital, home care and primary care settings. Banner Travel offers short-term assignments of three twelve-hour shifts per week. Our pay rates are highly competitive, and we offer training in the country's most advanced simulation center. You will also enjoy the stability only an organization as large and successful as Banner Health can offer.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position will work under the supervision of the pharmacist in the retail, outpatient setting. Performs routine duties in packaging, distribution/delivery and record keeping of pharmaceutical supplies. Consistently demonstrates an ability to assess a situation, consider alternatives, and choose the appropriate course of action. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients
- Selects and/or prepares medications, under direct supervision, as indicated on the patient medication orders. Places medications in designated area for pharmacist to check, delivers prescriptions to patients as required.
- Attends to customers and answers telephones in a courteous and timely manner, takes requests for prescription refills, obtains refill authorizations from physicians offices and directs calls appropriately. Serves as a liaison between the customer and the pharmacist.
- Identifies medications and other items for reorder as necessary to maintain a continuous inventory of medications and supplies. Receives, checks-in, and restocks medications ordered through wholesaler and other vendors. Assesses practical ways to deal with shorted items, and short dated or unusable items.
- May be responsible for preparing the daily bank deposit and financial reports, maintaining databases and trouble shooting automated technology malfunctions.
Requires pharmacy technician licensure in the state of practice (where applicable). Pharmacy technician certification required.Must posses a valid drivers license and be eligible for coverage under the company's auto insurance policy if delivery of medications is required by current procedures.
Must possess good organizational, problem solving and computer skills. Must have good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts.
Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly medication management information system software, and Microsoft applications.
Pharmacy technician experience (hospital or retail).
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website