Information About this Position
- Goldfarb School of Nuring at Barnes-Jewish College
Company and Job Overview
With a legacy beginning in 1902, Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College has a strong tradition of educating health care professionals.
Goldfarb School of Nursing is located on the Washington University Medical Campus in St. Louis and is affiliated with Barnes-Jewish Hospital, with a second site at Missouri Baptist Medical Center. Goldfarb is a private nursing college that enrolls over 650 students in its baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degree programs. Goldfarb has nationally recognized educational facilities with state-of-the-art classrooms, lecture halls and sophisticated Clinical Simulation Institute labs with patient simulation manikins and exam rooms that provide high-tech, advanced nursing care experiences.
Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and is approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing and Higher Education Commission.
Faculty, at their varying ranks, accommodate the mission of the college in accordance with academic and regulatory standards through an assigned function in either the academic or research track. Faculty form a community of scholars, dedicated to advancing the profession by preparing outstanding clinical practitioners, educators, administrators, and researchers who generate and/or apply knowledge to support evidence-based practice. Each faculty member is responsible for fulfilling and sustaining the duties and functions specified by established appointment and promotion criteria, including teaching and scholarly activities, and service to the school and community.
- Serves as a mentor to new faculty.
- Identifies an area and initiates a program of scholarship.
- Provides service to the college, community and profession, participating in course, program, and faculty related
- Teaches in areas of expertise, providing instruction in the classroom, clinical and laboratory.
- Contributes to the development and enhancement of the curricula. Incorporates evidence-based activities in learning activities
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Master's Degree - Nursing
- RN License
- Doctorate Nursing Practice / Education
- 2-5 years of experience
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website