Information About this Position
Company and Job Overview
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is the St. Louis region's top adult hospital. Formed from the merger of the former Barnes and Jewish Hospitals to become Missouri's largest hospital, it continues the traditions of its predecessors along with its partner, Washington University School of Medicine, in providing cutting-edge treatments, educating future medical professionals and working to make our community as healthy as it can be.
For over two decades Barnes-Jewish Hospital has been ranked on the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Honor Roll. In 2021, Barnes-Jewish ranked 17th overall with 11 specialties being ranked. The hospital was also the first hospital in Missouri to be designated as a Magnet® hospital in 2003 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing and has been redesignated consistently since.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is a teaching hospital staffed by more than 1,500 Washington University Physicians, the clinical practice for the Washington University School of medicine. The academic medicine partnership has developed many treatments and procedures that are now common across the globe.
The Commissary Cold Production Worker will correctly prepare and creatively assemble cold appetizers, salads, cold entrees, and desserts following production sheets according to standardized recipe and specified preparation methods. This position must ensure proper packaging, cooling, coding and storage procedures for delivery to specified locations. Must have the ability to follow written and verbal direction as well as proficient reasoning skills with speed and accuracy to control line speeds and production rates. Must encourage a team effort and demonstrate a supportive attitude among peers. Follows HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) procedures, food code regulations and FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) guidelines. This position will work for extended periods of time in 40-45 degree environ.
- Produces bulk standardized recipes according to specified procedures following all HACCP guidelines. This includes manual material handling and the use of various types of automated manufacturing equipment, knives, hand tools, powered tools and equipment that requires specialized training/certification.
- Assists in the start-up of processing equipment; disassembles and assembles production and portioning equipment cleaning, calibrating and sanitizing to prescribed FSMA standards.
- Ensures quality control standards are met per guidelines of the Manager: lab procedures, product packaging, product codes, product labeling, product rotation, and product waste tracking while working in an extremely hot and cold environment. Follows all sanitation requirements, company safety policies and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Generates required production in defined time frames; generates production and quality control records/reports/logs and other required paperwork as required by the Company, USDA, FDA, CMS.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- <2 years
- ServSafe Certification
- 2-5 years
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website