This role will be based near a Barnes & Noble store or office location within a specified sales region which includes: ID, MT, WY, CO, NE, ND, SD, KS, OK, MO, MN, IA, WI, IL, IN.
The Senior Manager of Field Caf Operations provides strategic and operational direction to all levels of store management to drive sales and profitability. They partner with regional, district and store management to improve the level of service and ensure that it is consistent with our bookselling culture, world-class customer-service focus, multichannel retailing and merchandising standards in our Cafs. They are a liaison among all levels of management, ensuring the successful execution of our programs and initiatives.
Barnes & Noble stores are located in all 50 states, requiring the senior manager of field café operations to manage processes and systems remotely. They are required to travel approximately 50% of each month to meetings and stores, potentially utilizing various forms of transportation. Our stores are open daily, which may require morning, evening, weekend and holiday availability. The candidate must possess a college degree or related work experience. The internal candidate should possess at least five years of full component store experience, having successfully managed their stores. The external candidate should possess at least seven years of multiunit restaurant, food service or retail management experience. The senior manager of field café operations knows the competition and industry and identifies business opportunities to drive sales in their stores. They provide timely information to business partners and make accurate and appropriate decisions to drive results. The senior manager of field café operations confronts and manages issues appropriately with field partners by providing direct and actionable feedback. They are adaptable, recognizing that situations may require different approaches or behaviors. They relate easily to people, building rapport and collaborative relationships. They comply at all times with the Standards, Policies and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics set out in the Bookseller Handbook.
• Develops and supports the implementation of strategic plans to drive sales and increase profitability. Analyzes financial results, providing feedback and guidance to district managers and regional vice presidents to optimize results
• Identifies trends through performance analysis and partners with district managers to implement best practices and resolve any root cause problems
• Influences regional, district and store management on decisions that positively impact the business and ensures initiatives are executed consistently across all regions
• Trains regional, district and store management team members on all café operations
• Participates in the selection and development of café managers and café trainers
• Supports all new store openings and remodels
• Supports the execution of company recognition programs to promote ideas, motivate and provide positive recognition to team members
Apply on company website