At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Business Development Manager (1903009) – West Coast Market (Remote)
Where the Chemistry Happens
The Business Development Manager (BDM) – New Construction + Restoration works to identify key vertical markets that support the overall BASF Construction Systems product portfolio offering and grows the organizations market position with national building owners, key design professionals and large contractors in the Western US and Canada. The BDM will be a single point of contact for C-Level decision makers of clients and potential clients for all strategic sectors, Buildings and Restoration, Parking & Stadiums, and EIFS/Stucco. The BDM will work to develop processes within the business to best serve the needs of a national account and work across all business functions. The BDM will be a team player and work collaboratively with all Sector Managers and other Business Development Managers. The BDM will leverage BASF Construction Systems sales teams to execute local project opportunities and driving National specifications.
Formula for Success
- 5 or more years in the construction industry and/or facilities management
- Proven track record in Sales/Business Development with experience in the Building Restoration, Parking & Stadiums and or EIFS/Stucco sector
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior level business leaders
- Demonstrated experience leading complex sales processes that involve multiple team members and multiple decision makers (primarily C-Level decision makers)
- Subject matter expert in targeted vertical markets (Healthcare, Hospitality, Multi Res, Office, Retail, Higher Education, Airports and Stadiums)
- Engaging and highly effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills that cultivate and grow lasting business relationships both internally and externally
- Experience with developing and implementing strategic programs and concepts
- Proficient knowledge of Windows, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experienced with the use of Salesforce.com system or equivalent platforms
- The candidate must understand the sales cycle of a construction project, from budgeting phases to the execution of a project.
- Must drive the project opportunities to our sales team members and effectively communicate progress to internal regional sales managers and marketing support.
- Sole responsibility for the entire client relationship, navigating through complex organizations and keen understanding of the hierarchy within an account/nation owner.
- Solid understanding of when to provide technical advice and connect internal technical experts with the client.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Apply on company website