At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
BASF's Catalysts division, headquartered in Iselin, NJ, is the world's leading supplier of environmental and process catalysts. The group employs more than 5,000, with over 30 manufacturing sites worldwide. As a global division of BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany, Catalysts offers exceptional expertise in the development of technologies that protect the air we breathe, produce the fuels that power our world and ensure efficient production of a wide variety of chemicals, plastics, and other products including advanced battery materials.
We are seeking a professional like you to supervise a team of approximately 10 individuals. This position is responsible for obtaining specified levels of performance in terms of safety, regulatory compliance, productivity, quality, cost and personnel performance. The Contact Supervisor manages and operates facilities safely and efficiently, encourages employee ownership, demonstrates and promotes effective decision making & teamwork, maintains high personal standards, establishes/maintains high crew performance standards, and develops direct reports.
Contact Supervisor (1903786) – Savannah, GA
Formula for Success
- Leveraging your educational and professional experience in a manufacturing discipline, you will collaborate with the Production Group Leader and Operations Manager to plan material, resources, staffing, and flow of materials and work through the department and ensure new technologies, processes, and/or procedures are smoothly transferred into daily activities.
- As a team leader, you will supervise employees to ensure all department goals (e.g., productivity, first time through, rework) are met, and verify all housekeeping and safety policies and procedures are understood and followed, and take immediate steps to correct any unsafe working conditions.
- Your strong attention to detail will be a valued asset as you will be accountable for control of all company products and resources to prevent loss and keep cost at a minimum.
- Your dedication to continuous improvement will be essential as you analyze and resolve work problems to maintain productivity and efficiency.
- As a role model, you will enable the team to become more self-sufficient through training and leadership, and coaching them to assume more responsibilities.
- Supervise shifts' adherence to plant procedures and guidelines.
- Organize/ provide coaching/feedback to all subordinates.
- Capabilities to supervise and develop direct reports.
- Organize and perform instructing and training of new employees.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in manufacturing environment.
- 1 year of experience using Microsoft Office.
- Well-developed and practical knowledge of occupational and process safety requirements (LOTO, Confined Space, Hot Work, PPE)
- Six Sigma/Lean training/certification a plus.
- Experience in a ISO certified manufacturing plant preferred.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to learn/apply trouble shooting skills in a complex manufacturing environment.
- Personnel leadership/management experience preferred.
- Ability to utilize continuous improvement tools and methodologies to drive sustainable improvements.
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.BASF Corporation is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, and other protected
Apply on company website