At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2019. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Venture Capital Junior Analyst (1902559) - Boston, MA or Remote
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to join our team. In this role, you will analyze global industry trends and support the team of BASF Venture Capital with their deal flow analysis and in their investment transactions.
Formula for Success
- Leveraging your education in a Business discipline as well as your initial professional experience in an analytical or Venture Capital related role, you will observe and analyze the most important trends and new business models in and around the chemical industry. You will highlight your own observations and make the Venture Capital team aware of important developments that have the potential to affect the chemical industry.
- Based on your strong organizational skills, you will help the Venture Capital team to analyze the global deal flow. Working with our existing database of companies and transactions, as well as with external information service providers, you will help us to find quality within quantity and thus focus on the most interesting investment targets.
- Driving smart investment decisions, you will provide sophisticated financial models based on the input of the Venture Capital team. Your financial models will help the team to discuss sensitivities and to evaluate realistic scenarios of business cases. Your support will enable the team to test and challenge our investment thesis in terms of economic viability.
- Your keen attention to detail and thoroughness will be invaluable as you support the Venture Capital team in their due diligence activities. You will map the competitive environment of our potential target companies and have a deep look at existing and evolving technologies and business models, that could have an impact on the business case of our target company.
- Your entrepreneurial drive will be an asset as you participate in and contribute to the regular meetings of the Venture Capital team, where the identification of the most promising investment cases is our goal. Your opinion and your judgement will help our team to generate the highest possible strategic and financial return for BASF.
- Successfully engaging inside and outside of the organization, you will build up your network of relationships with start-ups, other Venture Capitalists and advisors in order to understand and communicate to us the most relevant trends in and around the chemical industry.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Apply on company website