Position Overview: Drives assigned equipment to and from customer sites to haul various types of fluids, materials, or equipment. Assigned equipment could include vacuum truck, fluid hauling, or acid truck.
This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Truck Foreman, Area Supervisor-Trucks, Dispatcher
Directs Reports: None
- Performs other duties as assigned
- May be requested to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs routine maintenance and repair of equipment
- Completes the associated paperwork for each job to include pre and post-trip inspections, work tickets, electronic logs
- Loads and unloads fluid
- Drives required equipment safely to and from location
Qualifications and Skills
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- Able to pass respirator fit test
- Comply with applicable DOT rules and regulations
- Pass a Department Of Transportation (DOT) physical and maintain a current medical card
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with appropriate endorsements, such as air brake, where required
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Able to stand long periods while fluid is being loaded and unloaded
- Able to sit long periods while driving
- Able to lift and position equipment weighing 50 lbs.
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Work is performed in all weather conditions and may include long hours typically
- This is a safety sensitive position. Essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
Apply on company website