Position Overview: Contacts non-paying customers by phone and/or mail regarding accounts in order to collect past due balances. Answers customer questions and assists in setting up alternative pay plans when necessary, in accordance with company policy. Maintains records of customer contact and payment agreements reached; monitors customers' response and compliance with agreed-upon payment schedule. Refers unsettled accounts to management for determination of further action.
This is a non-safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Manager, Credit-to-Cash
Directs Reports: None
- Makes commercial collection calls on past due accounts
- Maintains workbook with collection notes, follows collection process in Get Paid and maintains collection notes and efforts
- Reconciles customers account balances.
- Interacts with third party collection agencies.
- Maintains customer files om Get Paid
- Adheres to all department and company policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent education
- Two (2) plus years' commercial collections experience
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Intermediate computer skills in Excel and Word
- Analytical ability required to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems and prioritize work
- Regular and reliable attendance required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- SAP experience
- Get Paid experience
Physical Requirements and Typical Working Conditions:
- Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential
- Long periods sitting or being sedentary
- Walking, occasional lifting up to 35 lbs., bending
- Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use
- Finger agility for keyboarding
- This is a non-safety sensitive position. However, essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements immediately and indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
Apply on company website