Position Overview: Supervises the drivers and mechanics in the day-to-day operations of a yard's trucking operations. Represents Basic to customers in making sales calls, getting work tickets approved, and handling customer complaints.
This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Area Superintendent or Area Manager
Directs Reports: Drivers, Mechanics, and Dispatcher
- Performs other duties as assigned
- May be required to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Observes and counsels drivers at water stations, disposal wells, and job sites, on safety procedures including the use of cones, proper backing up procedures, and truck positioning
- Makes recommendations to yard management in hiring, discipline and termination of drivers and mechanics
- Provides driver training for new hires, annual driver reviews and continuously instructs drivers on proper driving procedures
- Conducts monthly truck inspections and reviews maintenance compliance with original equipment manufacturer
- Reviews driver Job Safety Analysis each day and ensures completion
- Enforces safety for the yard's trucking operations in accordance with the Basics to Success (BTS) guidelines, which include safety inspections, safety meetings, and compliance
- Reviews daily work tickets and approves DOT hours and logs and records prices pursuant to rates quoted for the customer
- Evaluates new drivers during driving test and makes determination for additional training
- Counsels drivers on customer complaints or issues and advises drivers on corrective measures
- Handles customer complaints or issues and determines appropriate solution
- Delivers and reviews tickets with customers for approval and invoicing
- Develops and maintains customer relationships with existing and new accounts
- Supervises drivers and mechanics in daily duties and ensures drivers are ready to go
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of truck operations, DOT regulations and OSHA guidelines
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education
- CDL with tank and HazMat endorsement
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
Physical Requirements and Typical working conditions and hazards::
- Travel will be required to various job locations. Travel may be required for meetings and conferences
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Physical activity including long periods of standing and sitting.
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Work is performed in all weather conditions and may be either in a shop environment or outside in the field in all temperatures.
- Significant amount of time driving will be required.
- This is not a safety sensitive position. However, essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements immediately and indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
Apply on company website