Administrative Assistant, Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer
BASIC FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITY: Work under minimum supervision to provide advanced clerical services to the Chief Financial Officer. Handle confidential information and engage in frequent contact with all levels of district employees, outside agencies, and the general public.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Records, Reports, and Correspondence:
1. Prepare correspondence, forms, manuals, reports, presentations, and other documents for the Chief Financial Officer and department.
2. Compile pertinent data as needed when preparing various state and local reports.
3. Maintain physical and computerized files for overall department.
4. Assist in compiling, maintaining, and updating departmental policies and procedures.
5. Serve as a liaison with department administration to help ensure a manageable work-flow.
6. Maintain communication with select outside parties on behalf of the department, including suppliers, business contacts, shareholders, etc.
7. Schedule appointments and maintain the administrator's calendar.
8. Set up meetings including reserving the venue and preparing materials.
9. Make travel arrangements including making hotel reservations and turning in conference registration forms.
10. Answer incoming calls and greet visitors. Respond to routine inquiries from the public and staff and refer appropriate inquiries or problems to Chief Financial Officer or other administrators.
11. Perform routine bookkeeping tasks, including simple arithmetic operations, for the designated administrator.
12. Prepare purchase orders and payment authorizations.
13. Assist with department budgetary matters; developing and maintaining.
14. Monitor and process personnel time records including leave requests and reports; compile information and submit for department.
15. Act as confidential assistant to the administration; perform clerical duties relating to personnel and confidential matters.
16. Receive, sort, and distribute mail and other documents to department staff.
17. Receive, store, issue supplies and equipment for department.
18. Keep informed of and comply with all state and district policies and regulations concerning primary job functions.
19. Project a positive image to the school and community.
EQUIPMENT USED: Personal computer, printer, calculator, copier, and fax machine
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE: Three years' secretarial experience, preferably in a public education environment
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Knowledge of school district organization, operations, and administrative policies
Ability to multi-task numerous complex administrative activities
Highly proficient skills in keyboarding, word processing, and file maintenance
Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
Requires good mathematical skills
Ability to evaluate data and statistics and translate into a format which meets the needs and requirements of the administration and department
Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets and databases and do word processing
Ability to initiate and complete projects and programs
Ability to research, compile, analyze and report data clearly
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours; occasional districtwide travel
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
Apply on company website