BASIC FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITY: Under general supervision, with considerable responsibility, and according to established guidelines and lesson plans, the Daycare Worker supervises an assigned group of children. The Daycare Worker will help to provide the necessary physical and emotional care and to carry out developmental activities. He/she will help to develop goals for the children, plan accordingly, and evaluate each child's progress. Responsible for communication with parents and recruitment of students to the program.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist and supervise children during all activities.
- Counsel children when social, academic or adjustment problems arise.
- Develop, plan, and prepare instructional aides/materials for activities.
- Ensure that appearance, cleanliness, and safe environment of site is appropriately maintained.
- Assist children with meal/snack time and clean-up.
- Complete all site paperwork, i.e., daily notes, student accident reports, attendance records.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, site events and parent meetings as requested.
- Prepare and implement lesson plans/programs, organization and schedule.
- Accept temporary work assignments.
- In the event the site supervisor is not available, take full responsibility for the site.
- Write, submit, post and implement a weekly lesson plan.
- Ensure that all indoor and outdoor equipment is in good working condition and is used/maintained properly.
- Physically arranges the site prior to arrival.
- Clean up site when children depart.
- Communicate appropriate information to parents.
- Maintain documentation on all aspects of site and children.
- Create and maintain directions, schedules and expectations to be used by a substitute teacher for planned and unplanned regular teacher absences.
- Maintain site postings.
- Assist with the training of new site personnel and substitute teachers.
- Assist with planning and implementing events.
- Meet with and communicate appropriately with prospective families.
- Supervise site tours.
- Develop and implement plans based on the adopted curriculum.
- Present written evidence of preparation including classroom lesson plans, program organization and schedules.
- Present a professional attitude including ethical and responsible behaviors.
- Maintain knowledge of children's intellectual, physical, emotional, social, and character development and the importance of the development of all of these.
- Convey a sense of integrity and warmth and a genuine caring for the development of each child.
- Maintain confidentiality for parents, children, staff and management.
- Meet all state and district requirements for the position including maintaining required training hours.
EXPERIENCE: Some experience working with children.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: NoneKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be able to nurture children, plan and implement age-appropriate activities for them
- Must be able to learn, follow, and alter (if appropriate) recurrent work routines and schedules
- Must be able to take initiative
- Must be able to interact with parents in a professional manner and elicit the trust necessary to handle daily
- communication with parents effectively
- Must be able to take direction and work cooperatively with others
- Must be able to supervise a group of children while attending to the immediate needs of one child
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED (at least 18 years of age)PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to lift and carry children up to at least 35 pounds
- Must be able to stoop, getting on the children's level, and move quickly enough to protect children
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Interpret policy, procedures and data
- Maintain emotional control under stress
Apply on company website