Teacher Salary Schedule
BASIC FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITY: Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
* Work collaboratively with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to District requirements, including engagement in Response to Intervention, Language Proficiency Assessment Committee, Section 504 Committee, Admission, Review, and Dismissal Committee meetings.
*Develop and deliver lessons according to guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative guidelines that incorporate accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
* Use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect an understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
* Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
* Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
* Use instructional technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
* Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
* Support and participate in meeting the objectives of the campus/department improvement plans.
* Support students enrolled in various programs by implementing plans administered by the Language Proficiency Assessment Committee, Section 504 Committee, Response to Intervention Committee and Admission, Review and Dismissal Committee.
* Provide instruction in accordance with Bastrop ISD approved curriculum and required resources.
* Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
* Implement multi-tiered systems of support including Positive Behavioral Intervention Systems, Restorative Practices, Trauma-Informed Practices, and Social-Emotional Learning.
* Monitor and report student progress according to campus and District guidelines in a timely manner.
* Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
* Resolve parent/student issues and concerns in a timely manner.
* Be a positive role model for students.
* Manage student behavior in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
Communicate with parents or guardians regarding student progress and performance using district-approved communication protocols.
Management of Administrative, Fiscal and/or Facilities Functions:
* Develop and submit lesson plans, including substitute lesson plans, as required utilizing District provided template.
* Submit grades in accordance with district grading policy guidelines.
* Work collaboratively with District staff to serve the needs of all student groups according to the guidelines established in policy.
* Assist in monitoring students and creating a safe campus environment by reporting to duty assignments as assigned by the principal.
* Attend campus events and extracurricular activities, as assigned.
* Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
* Compile, maintain, and submit reports, records, and other documents, as required.
* Plan and supervise assignments of volunteers in the classroom, when applicable.
* Follow District and department policies and procedures.
* Support the mission and vision of the campus and District.
* Analyze critical needs in assigned areas and work collaboratively to implement and improve programs.
Professional Growth and Development:
* Participate in professional development activities to improve job-related skills that are aligned with campus and program-specific needs.
* Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees, as required.
Texas Academic Performance Indicators and Campus Performance Objectives:
* Analyze data to determine and address individual student needs.
* Administer state-mandated testing at campuses in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
* Monitor and review campus test data and use findings to assist with planning corrective action for the affected group of students and/or campuses.
* Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
* Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
* Interface with governmental agencies, business, and civic organizations, and the community to provide needed information and to promote the District's initiatives.
* Foster positive morale by participating in team-building activities and the decision-making process.
* Communicate and collaborate with campus/department staff to enhance service delivery, program development, and customer satisfaction.
* Comply with policies established by federal and state law, including but not limited to State Board of Education and local Board policy.
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Provide guidance and direction as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and English Language Proficiency Standards (ELPS) for assigned area.
* Knowledge of curriculum design, implementation, evaluation, and refinement.
* Knowledge of effective instruction and evaluation methodologies.
* Knowledge of continuous improvement process.
* Skill in using technology as a learning tool in all content areas.
* Skill in engaging others in collective inquiry and problem-solving.
* Skill in collecting, analyzing, and using data to support student learning.
* Skill in communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to collaborate with colleagues to enhance instructional practices.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work responsibilities.
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and valid Texas Teacher Certificate with required endorsements or required training for subject and level assigned, and ESL Supplemental certification.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS:
* Maintain emotional control under stress.
* Work with frequent interruptions.
* Use a computer for a prolonged period resulting in repetitive hand motions.
* Lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
* Move textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
* Work occasional prolonged or irregular hours.
* Work is normally performed in an interior work environment with little or no exposure to physical risk.
Apply on company website