Teacher Salary Schedule
BASIC FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITY: Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
- Work collaboratively with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to District
- Develop and deliver lessons according to guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative guidelines that incorporate accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect an understanding of the learning styles and needs of students
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Support and participate in meeting the objectives of the campus/department improvement
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of
- Report student progress according to campus and District guidelines in a timely
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and
- Resolve parent/student issues and concerns in a timely
- Be a positive role model for
- Manage student behavior in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct and student
Management of Administrative, Fiscal and/or Facilities Functions:
- Develop and submit lesson plans, including substitute lesson plans, as
- Work collaboratively with District staff to serve the needs of all student groups according to the guidelines established in
- Assist in monitoring students and creating a safe campus environment by reporting to duty assignments as assigned by
- Attend campus events and extracurricular activities, as
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional
- Compile, maintain, and submit reports, records, and other documents, as
- Plan and supervise assignments of volunteers in the classroom, when
- Follow District and department policies and procedures.
- Support the mission and vision of the campus and
- Analyze critical needs in assigned areas and work collaboratively to implement and improve
Professional Growth and Development:
- Participate in professional development activities to improve job-related skills that are aligned with campus and District
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees, as
Texas Academic Performance Indicators and Campus Performance Objectives:
- Analyze data to determine and address individual student needs.
- Administer state-mandated testing at campuses in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Monitor and review campus test data and use findings to assist with planning corrective action for the affected group of students and/or
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
- Interface with governmental agencies, business and civic organizations, and the community to provide needed information and to promote the District's
- Foster positive morale by participating in team building activities and the decision-making process.
- Communicate and collaborate with campus/department staff to enhance service delivery, program development, and customer
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, including but not limited to State Board of Education and local Board policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Provide guidance and direction as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) for assigned
- Knowledge of curriculum design, implementation, evaluation, and
- Knowledge of effective instruction and evaluation
- Knowledge of continuous improvement
- Skill in using technology as a learning tool in all content
- Skill in engaging others in collective inquiry and problem
- Skill in collecting, analyzing, and using data to support student learning.
- Skill in communicating effectively, both verbally and in
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues to enhance instructional
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and valid Texas Teacher Certificate with required endorsements or required training for subject and level assigned, and ESL Supplemental certification.
MENTAL DEMANDS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIROMENTAL FACTORS:
- Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
- Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Motion: Frequent walking
- Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); may lift and move textbooks and classroom equipment
- Environment: Work inside, may work outside; regular exposure to noise
- Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours
Apply on company website