Do you want to be part of providing care with the highest professional, ethical, and safety standards? Do you want to use your leadership and mentoring skills to make a difference in people's lives? We're BAYADA Home Health Care—a leading home health care company—and we believe that our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. Your important work will help ensure that our clients come first and that our BAYADA caregivers have the support they need to be successful. In this growing and dynamic environment, we offer exciting career paths for nurses like you.
A Bereavement Coordinator leads office and field staff in providing excellent customer service and quality hospice care with focus on
coordination and delivery of bereavement services.
1. Exemplifies characteristics of The BAYADA Way; compassion, excellence and reliability.
2. Four (4) year college degree required; Master's Degree preferred, in social work, psychology, counseling,
theology or other related field as indicated by school transcript or diploma.
3. Demonstrated record of strong interpersonal skills.
4. Demonstrated record of goal achievement.
5. Demonstrated record of successfully taking on more responsibility with positive results and ambition to grow
past current position.
6. Prior supervisory experience, preferably in hospice or palliative care.
7. Prior health care, home care and recruiting experience, a plus.
8. Competence in basic PC skills required to perform job functions.
9. Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English
1. Demonstrate and communicate the core values of BAYADA Hospice and The BAYADA Way.
2. Manage the bereavement services programs utilizing professional staff and volunteers as appropriate to the
service or event.
3. Oversee adequacy and appropriateness of bereavement programs for family members.
4. Develop new bereavement programs and services as needed.
5. Develop educational programs and materials for patients/families, staff and the community on loss, grief and
coping with bereavement.
6. Assist agency in educational training program.
7. Design materials for distribution to families eligible for and/or receiving bereavement services.
8. Plan, implement and supervise bereavement group events.
9. Supervise support staff involved in bereavement program.
10. Oversee bereavement follow up by patient care staff and volunteers.
11. Partner with the Volunteer Coordinator to oversee the volunteer component of the bereavement services.
12. Conduct the bereavement section of the interdisciplinary team conference.
13. Participate in the maintenance of the bereavement component of the community and staff resource libraries.
14. Participate in the orientation and training of new employees and volunteers working in the hospice program.
15. Prepare service reports as requested by director.
Support the team (office and company).
a. Assist team members in filling call-outs and last minute service requests.
b. Provide the On-Call Manager with all pertinent and current information and conduct on-call, or be backup
to the On-Call Manager, as necessary.
c. Participate in office and company meetings, events, and functions
1. Together with entire office staff, answer phones, greet visitors and generate correspondence as necessary for
2. Maintain current knowledge of, and follow, BAYADA's policies and procedures and government/contract
3. Maintain current knowledge of hospice industry
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 20 states from more than 300 offices. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Apply on company website