Hospice Bereavement Program Coordinator/Medical Social Worker BAYADA Hospice is currently seeking a Bereavement Coordinator for a Full Time position with our Brattleboro, VT office. The position includes coordinating our bereavement programs and conducting social work visits in the surrounding communities.
Our Purpose - to provide the highest quality end-of-life care so our patients can remain at home with comfort, grace, & dignity. Hospice focuses on a holistic team approach to providing care to patients and their families during end of life.
Our Hospice Services- Social, emotional, and spiritual support to patients, families, and others who need support through the end-of-life process with our interdisciplinary team.
The Bereavement Coordinator will be responsible for managing the bereavement program and for leading office and field staff in providing quality bereavement services. This Bereavement Program Coordinator will be a member of an experienced hospice care team that provides assessments, education, and symptom management related to end of life care for patients.
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, & reliability.
- Benefits may include mileage reimbursement; weekly pay and direct deposit; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; 401(k) with company match; and opportunities for career advancement.
Bereavement Coordinator/Medical Social Work responsibilities include:
- Manage the bereavement services programs utilizing professional staff and volunteers as appropriate to the service or event.
- Oversee adequacy and appropriateness of bereavement programs for family members and develop new bereavement programs and services as needed.
- Develop educational programs and materials for patients/families, staff and the community on loss, grief and coping with bereavement. Maintain the bereavement component of the staff library.
- Plan, implement and supervise bereavement group events and supervise support staff involved in the bereavement program.
- Partner with the Volunteer Coordinator to oversee the volunteer component of the bereavement service
- Conduct the bereavement section of the interdisciplinary team conference.
- Conduct Medical Social Work visits for hospice clients.
Qualifications for the Ideal candidate:
- A MSW (Masters of Social Work) is preferred, but will consider BSW as well.
- With at least 2 years of community-based experience.
- Accreditation by the Council on Social Work Education, as demonstrated by school transcript or degree.
- Licensed Social Worker preferred, but not mandatory
- Home care experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
- Ability to travel to cases, as assigned.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 22 states from more than 340 offices.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Apply on company website