Full Time, Monday-Friday, Office Based Clinical Authorizations Coordinator opportunity! LPN, RN, or CMA
Leverage both your clinical knowledge and your insurance/authorization experience to help ensure that BAYADA clients continue to receive the care they need, in the comfort of their own homes. We have an immediate nurse (LPN, RN) opportunity in our Home Health Managed Care Team, located in Parsippany, NJ. In this role, you will act as a liaison between our internal service offices and external payers, working to obtain authorizations for care.
The ideal candidate will have EMR experience, and a strong comfort level working on the computer for most of the day. You will input and track authorizations electronically, and interact with insurance companies to advocate for our clients.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am to 5:30pm, with a monthly rotation until 6pm.
- Manage incoming phone calls from referral sources
- Document all referrals in EMR (Home Care Home Base)
- Communicate daily with internal Client Service Managers, Clinical Managers and Directors
- Enter pending authorizations into EMR
- Prepare reports and updates on patient conditions with appropriate recommendations to ensure authorizations
- Establish an organizational plan to manage caseload of clients
- Function as a liaison between external Case Managers and internal BAYADA staff
- Notify internal service offices when patient updates are required
- Assist in obtaining physicians orders
- Request and/or submit clinical documentation for auths/reauths in EMR
In addition to utilizing clinical judgement and knowledge, the ideal candidate must possess the ability to cultivate positive, long-term relationships with referral sources. We offer you a steady schedule, Monday through Friday, and the chance to be part of a friendly and supportive team of professionals. Computer proficiency is a must.
- Current LPN or RN license in good standing
- Will consider a Medical Assistant with comparable clinical experience
- Prior insurance and authorization experience
- Working knowledge of coding a plus
- Demonstrated track record of working independently while taking on increased or diverse responsibilities
- Solid PC skills required; previous experience using an EMR system
- Strong interpersonal and telephonic customer services skills
- Flexibility is essential for success
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 15 vacation days per year, 10 sick days, 7 holidays, tuition reimbursement, 401k w/company match, employee assistance program, formal mentoring. EOE.
clinical, RN, LPN, nurse, CMA, insurance, authorizations, coordinator, EMR
Apply on company website