While the world is cautioned to stay home in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, BAYADA's mission to safely keep people there has never been more important. Without home care, our clients risk infection and hospitalization, at hospitals with already-strained resources.
With the protection of our clients and caregivers as our highest priority, we have mobilized a swift, efficient, and comprehensive response so that we can stay on the front lines, giving care—safely. If you're the type of person who rises to the occasion and wants to make a difference in the lives of others, we want to meet you (virtually, even)! We can work through this crisis—together.
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an energetic and experienced Licensed Medical Social Worker, MSW, for a per diem opportunity performing home health visits for our office located on Oahu, HI. This office services clients on the focusing on the East side of the island. Possible travel to other areas on the island.
Prior home health experience preferred, but not required.
- Making home visits to clients on Oahu, HI.
- Assist our team in understanding the social and emotional factors related to our clients' health problems.
- Provide clinical social evaluations and plan appropriate interventions based on evaluation findings.
- Identify appropriate community resource referrals to address the client's and the family's practical and environmental needs.
- Act as an advocate for both the client and the family to navigate the patient through the community system.
- Participate in the development of the total plan of care with the multidisciplinary team of BAYADA clinicians, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain contracts with public and private agencies as resources for the patient.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives in community resources to promote the patient's health, safety, well-being, and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Qualifications for the ideal candidate:
- A minimum of a Masters in Social Work, with at least 2 years of community-based experience.
- Accreditation by the Council on Social Work Education, as demonstrated by school transcript or degree.
- Must be a Licensed Social Worker in the state of Hawaii.
- Home care experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
- Ability to travel to cases, as assigned.
Apply on company website