“While the world is cautioned to stay home in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, BAYADA's mission to safely keep people there has never been more important. Without home care, our clients risk infection and hospitalization—at hospitals with already-strained resources.
With the protection of our clients and caregivers as our highest priority, we have mobilized a swift, efficient, and comprehensive response so that we can stay on the front lines, giving care—safely. If you're the type of person who rises to the occasion and wants to make a difference in the lives of others, we want to meet you (virtually, even)! We can work through this crisis—together.”
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced Fitness Specialist to lead scheduled exercise classes designed to develop and maintain positive fitness levels for residents in a Senior Living Community (Assisted Living Facilities and Independent Living Facilities) in Towson, MD and Mays Chapel, MD. As a member of our Senior Living Team, you will be an integral component of a continuum of care. This position is for a per diem position.
At BAYADA, we believe our employees are our greatest asset. We are committed to investing in people and nurturing their desire to grow.
Responsibilities for a Fitness Specialist include:
- Lead scheduled group exercise classes for the residents of Senior Living Communities, preferably one that can teach flexibility, cardio, strength/power, balancing and standing exercises.
- Develop fitness classes which are designed to develop and promote positive fitness levels for a senior population.
Qualifications for a Fitness Specialist include:
- Certification as a Fitness Instructor, or equivalent, through an accredited national exercise/fitness organization such as ACSM, NSCA, ACE, IDEA or SFA.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or related field.
- A minimum of one year of experience as a Fitness Specialist, preferably in a senior services setting.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 20 states from more than 300 offices. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Apply on company website