Exciting New Leadership Opportunity - Senior Director / Division Director, Enterprise Data & Analytics
BAYADA Home Health Care is hiring a Senior Director, Enterprise Data and Analytics to work with our Practice and Functional Support Leadership. As the overall leader for Data and Analytics, you will be responsible for crafting our Enterprise Data & Analytics strategy and priorities to help BAYADA achieve the overall company business strategy.
The position will prioritize the data needs of the company to build an infrastructure for superior analytics capabilities for historical, operational and predictive needs to deliver knowledge, insight and innovation. The Sr. Director will indirectly oversee business unit and functional support groups' analytics performance and utilization of company data assets and tools, lead data governance, and own the full lifecycle of all company data assets including appropriate regulatory and security requirements. The Sr. Director drives data literacy throughout the company, instills a data-driven decision-making competency throughout the company. The position is a highly technical role capable of validating the data structures, (marts, cubes, lakes, repositories, warehouses, etc.) for appropriateness to the business problems and intelligence gathering desired to be solved. The position will report to the Chief Information Officer and work closely with Practice Presidents and Functional Support leaders.
Leverage your technical, data and analytics, and top-notch leadership skills to become an integral part of an organization that is helping people live healthier, happier lives in the comfort of their own homes!
- Exemplifies characteristics of The BAYADA Way: compassion, excellence and reliability.
- Master's Degree in Information Technology, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Data/Computer Science or related field required. PhD preferred.
- Minimum twelve (12) years' experience in a senior data and analytics leadership role in data management disciplines including data integration, modeling, optimization and/or data quality required.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts required.
- Healthcare experience with a distributed-employee intensive, geographically decentralized business footprint including an international presence.
- Experience operating under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) as well as Protected Identify Information regulations.
- Experience with People analytics including Talent and Performance Management analytics.
- Experience with Clinical and/or Medical Analytics associated with value-based care and healthcare Payer analytics.
- Experience with Financial Analytics and operational reporting capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience creating and managing enterprise data and analytics functions.
- Experience managing a team of direct reports and matrixed resources performing analytics.
- Experience in integrating complex, inter-departmental processes, and information strategies, and/or designing strategic metrics and scorecards required.
- Experience running data analytics teams using the latest data mining, machine learning and/or artificial intelligence techniques required.
- Hands-on experience with implementing data management programs preferred.
ENTERPRISE DATA AND ANALYTICS TECHNOLOGY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with all forms of data structures – relational, non-relational, flat file, network, object oriented, NoSQL, data marts, cubes, OLTP, OLAP, Data Lake, Big data, unstructured and document data.
- Experience with machine learning and other forms of artificial intelligence.
- Experience in cloud and software as a service models for infrastructure.
- Experience in a variety of database paradigms such as SQL, NoSQL, File System, and In-memory databases.
- Visualization/BI tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
- Database/warehouse/lake knowledge; Master Data Management (MDM) applications; and Extract-TransformLoad (ETL/ELT) tools.
- Statistical analysis software/packages such as R, Minitab, SAS/STAT; and current languages e.g. Python.
DATA AND ANALYTICS RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prioritize, design, plan, administer, communicate, and evangelize a strategy to improve the effective use of data in organizational planning and decision making.
- Lead a centralized function establishing standards for data governance, data science, maintenance, optimization, and quality control of all enterprise reports and dashboards.
- Provide data science leadership, best practices, and norms.
- Develop and mentor future data-driven, analytical leaders and strategists across the organization.
- Engage in regular dialogue with Business Unit (BU) and Functional Support leaders to foster conversations in order to gain an understanding of the data and analytics challenges and opportunities from each unit.
- Partner with Business and Functional Support Leaders to design data analytics projects and develop specific analytical and data science capabilities to achieve organizational goals and operational improvements while enabling and nurturing data-driven decision making.
- Identify and standardize the use and governance of data.
- Create policies and procedures for the access, analysis and visualization of data and associated business insights.
- Serve as the corporate data systems Product Director.
- Drive the strategy, development and deployment of the organization's data systems as well as a roadmap for its future development that aligns with the corporate strategy and business needs.
- Continuously assess and recommend enhancements to the company's data architecture and underlying IT infrastructure to ensure data is economically captured, stored, secured, available and usable by appropriate parties throughout the business.
- Work closely with other IT functions to oversee the integration and staging of data; and the development, implementation and maintenance of the associated data storage systems.
KEY BEHAVIORS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Possesses strong intellect, business acumen, collaborative style, and relationship building skills.
- Creative; willing to challenge the status quo and drive change; able to “push back” as appropriate; understands when and how to take risks that drive performance.
- Demonstrated desire and application of technology to solve business problems, drive innovation, and maintain operational excellence.
- Experience performing business process improvement analysis including current state evaluation, future state visioning and execution.
- Outstanding strategic skills evidenced by the ability to stay abreast of technology trends and recommend appropriate solutions to influence company growth.
- Demonstrated experience in developing policies and standards within an organization.
- Executive presentation skills and ability to develop productive working relationships with end users.
- Superior intellectual and analytical capabilities, with skill in identifying critical issues and establishing priorities.
- Flexible, big-picture thinker with ability to alternately attend to detail, managing both extremes effectively.
- Creative problem-solver who seeks quality based solutions to crises and challenges preventing problems whenever possible.
- Predisposition to collaborate with others in the attainment of common goals and objectives, as well as the ability to thrive in a nurturing, caregiver-oriented environment
- Exceptional communications skills, with ability to address both business and technical topics and present complicated or difficult issues factually, effectively and diplomatically to all levels.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 20 states from more than 300 offices. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Apply on company website