Baylor College of Medicine
Baylor (www.bcm.edu) is recognized as one of the nation's premier academic health science centers and is known for excellence in education, research, and healthcare and community service. Located in the heart of the world's largest medical center (Texas Medical Center), Baylor is affiliated with multiple educational, healthcare and research affiliates (Baylor Affiliates).Summary
The Department of Anesthesiology is currently seeking qualified Anesthesiologist for Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. Candidate will serve as a key member of our team to provide high-quality, evidence-based anesthesia services to patients at high acuity levels.Job Duties
- Work with our Anesthesiology services team to provide high-quality, evidence-based anesthesia, and pain care services at all acuity levels, for all patients, in a variety of settings.
- Provider will have primary direct patient care responsibilities for patients and administer all forms of anesthesia including inhaled, intravenous, neuraxial, and regional, for surgical or medical procedures.
- Provider will assess and evaluate patients prior to the administration of anesthesia in order to formulate anesthetic plan.
- Provider will Insert and use invasive and noninvasive monitors, as indicated.
- Provider will respond to emergency/code situations in order to provide airway management.
- Provider will document anesthetic information and patient condition.
- Provider will have call responsibilities.
- Provider will participate in quality care improvement initiatives.
- Provider will perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Doctor of Medicine degree with anesthesiology residency.
- Required: Board certified/eligible in Anesthesiology
- Commitment to clinical excellence and a track record of excellent clinical performance during residency.
- Scholarly enthusiasm and commitment to ongoing education.
Diversity Statement: Diversity among Baylor's students, trainees, faculty and staff is a prerequisite to accomplishing Baylor's institutional mission, and to maintaining the highest standards in training for healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, scientific innovation, and patient-centered care. Baylor is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all qualified persons without taking into account race, color, national origin, creed, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, veteran status or disability unrelated to job requirements.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website