The section of Neonatology (Newborn) in the Department of Pediatrics is looking for a front desk professional to undertake receptionist, clerical and administrative duties at the desk of our main entrance. This position will be in the Pediatric Neonatology Section of Baylor College of Medicine that is located at Texas Children's Hospital in the Texas Medical Center.
The ideal candidate will have a friendly and calm demeanor while also being very perceptive, organized and disciplined. A customer-oriented approach is essential.
- Greet and welcome guests to the section, determine nature of business, and announces guest to appropriate personnel
- Answer incoming telephone calls, determining purpose of callers, and forwarding calls to appropriate personnel or department
- Take and deliver messages or transferring calls to voicemail when appropriate personnel are unavailable
- Keep the front reception area neat and presentable with all necessary materials
- Take inventory of supplies and collect and place office supply orders for the Section
- Assist with clerical duties to include faxing, copying, and organizing/maintaining files
- Check, sort and forward incoming faxes/correspondence
- Maintain standard operating procedure to insure standardization and optimal operation of the Section
- Provide a high level of customer service to faculty, staff and visitors of the Section
- Maintain daily Section calendars, including conference rooms, etc. and maintains calendars of Senior Management (non-faculty) within the Section
- Schedule conference rooms
- Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle request and queries from senior managers
- Required: High School diploma or GED.
- Required: No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website