The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Baylor College of Medicine seeks to recruit a full-time Ob/Gyn physician for the OB hospitalist program at The Children's Hospital of San Antonio. The position will be recruited at the Assistant, Associate or Professor rank based on experience and qualifications.Job Duties
Responsibilities will be assigned by the Vice Chair or Division Director and may be altered in response to changing Departmental and Division needs. This position will be fully clinical with the amount being later negotiable with the Division Director and Vice Chair should new administrative, research, and/or educational responsibilities occur. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Prompt assessment of all patients presenting to the hospital, including patients presenting to the emergency room.
- Management of labor, delivery, and immediate postpartum care of all patients admitted to the hospital.
- Admission, management, and discharge of antepartum patients.
- Provide medical and/or surgical management of ectopic pregnancy and early pregnancy loss.
- Participate in and actively support the quality and safety programs of the hospital.
- Participate in and actively support committee activities of the hospital.
- Provide updates and clear communication between nursing and Ob/Gyn physicians.
- Organize post-acute care for Ob/Gyn patients in the outpatient setting when appropriate.
- Appropriately bill all provided services.
Applicants must possess an MD, MD/PhD or DO from an accredited medical school and have or be eligible to obtain an unrestricted Texas Medical License. Candidates must also be board certified (or eligible for same) in Obstetrics and Gynecology by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website