Our Pediatrics - Infectious Disease team is seeking a skilled Coordinator, Business Operations. As a Coordinator, Business Operations, you will provide administrative support for busy Pediatric - Infectious Diseases faculty members, which includes planning and execution of special events, scheduling and arranging travel, on campus room reservations, and meals for visiting professors, Postdoctoral candidates, or graduation celebrations for students.
This position may offer the flexibility of a hybrid work arrangement.Job Duties
- Manages schedule in handling meetings/meeting answer Doodle polls for meeting requests; coordinates with the Medical Scientist Training Program and other administrative offices for scheduling.
- Manages pre and post-travel requests/arrangements/reimbursements.
- Submits reimbursement requests for research expenditures.
- Manages licensing and professional society memberships and maintains licenses on software – e.g. Prism, Papers, Biorender, SnapGene, FloJo.
- Keeps CV and biosketch up to date.
- Manages Pre- and Post-award grants:
- Prepares and updates salary information on grant budgets.
- Obtains signatures on letters of support and recommendation.
- Prepares budget justification.
- Keeps track of and submit annual progress reports.
- Checks monthly on spend rate.
- Submits grant close out documents.
- Proofreads and edits letters of recommendation and puts on letterhead and sends PDF to requester.
- Responds to requests for letters of recommendation.
- Manages updates to the animal protocol, the institutional biosafety protocol, the hazardous agents and hazardous chemicals protocol and inventory, and human protocol licensure.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field or Biology.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Concur, and SAP.
- Experience in an academic setting.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website