The primary responsibility of the Front Desk Specialist I is to provide initial patient-family contact and maintain the continuity of patient rapport throughout the patient's visit. The candidate serves as a key player in the front desk activity (checking-in and checking out patients) for various providers of health care services at various locations. The candidate should be customer service oriented, experienced and knowledgeable of front desk duties for multiple payers and patients. This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to deal with stressful situations with resourcefulness and initiative. The ability to accept training, instruction and change with a positive attitude is essential. The candidate interacts with patients, employees, management, and other support and professional staff. The individual should know how to interact verbally and via written correspondence. The nature of the work demands maturity, courtesy, tact, a sense of urgency, confidentiality, technical and interpersonal technical skills.Job Duties
• Manages multiple phone lines, transfers calls, and takes messages.
• Faxes documents to outside agencies, receives faxes and processes incoming faxes.
• Schedules patients in electronic health record.
• Greets, Registers and checks in patients: collects and documents demographic information, insurance information, and social determinant of health information in EHR.
• Informs patients of visit delays.
• Answers questions received at front desk.
• Attends team meetings.
• Assesses patient eligibility for services.
• Assists with medical records requests.
• Scans patient documents into EPIC.
• Acts as a liaison between patient and clinical staff.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Epic and electronic health records.
- Knowledge of local safety net services.
- Bilingual English and Spanish.
- Customer service skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website