Baylor College of Medicine and Department Summary:
We are seeking qualitative research expertise for the Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety, the largest center for health services research in the southwest. The mission of this center is to improve health and well-being through innovations in health care delivery. A critical aspect of this research is to utilize qualitative research methods to 1) gain fuller patient-centered understandings of the needs of patients and their experiences of the quality of care and 2) understand how evidence-based practices are implemented into practice throughout the healthcare system. The instructor will be expected to provide qualitative data analysis and expertise for a wide variety of projects related to the proposal, planning, and implementation of multiple major multi-year Health Services Research studies. This includes participating in the development and submission of grant proposals to fund HSRD and QUERI research and evaluation projects. The instructor will perform qualitative analysis for multiple studies. The instructor will also be expected to collaborate as a core team member working directly with the principal investigators and directors of the centers and any of the other core members as determined by the planning and professional needs of a given project. The instructor will serve as a resource in the development of a large number of health services related grants using qualitative methodologies within the centers.Job Duties
- Contribute to all aspects of qualitative and mixed methods research portfolio, including, but not limited to, protocol development; literature review and synthesis, sample design and management; design and implementation of recruitment and field procedures: collection, coding, analysis and synthesis of data, focus group moderation, preparation of project reports, project deliverables, manuscripts and grant/contract proposals.
- Contribute to the development of surveys, semi-structured interviews, and other data collection tools used to collect and analyze qualitative and mixed methods health services research data.
- Conduct qualitative data collection, including interviews with patients, providers and staff, focus groups, and ethnographic observation.
- Analyze and interpret data and identify patterns from data collected through qualitative interviews, focus groups, surveys and ethnographic observation.
- Utilize methods including, but not limited to, grounded theory, thematic analyses, analysis of interviews, focus groups and ethnographic fieldnotes.
- Prepare reports and presentations and assist in writing manuscripts for peer reviewed scientific publications.
- Communicate findings in written form for investigators, policy makers and in scholarly publications.
- PhD in qualitative methodology, sociology, anthropology or a related field is required
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website