The Department of Anesthesiology is recruiting for a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist at Texas Children's Hospital to administer anesthesia to pediatric patients prior to surgical or medical procedures, monitors pediatric patients' vital signs and responds to emergency/code situations when warranted.Job Purpose
<span style="font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">Provides specialized nursing service in administering anesthesia to surgical patients.Job Duties
- Administers intravenous, spinal and other anesthetics prior to surgical or medical procedures.
- Assesses and evaluates patients prior to the administration of anesthesia in order to formulate anesthetic plan.
- Monitors patients' vital signs during and after the adminsitration of anesthesia.
- Responds to emergency/code situations in order to provide airway management.
- Records anesthetic information and patient condition on a postoperative report.
- May supervise or provide direction to student nurse anesthetists.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Nursing and Master's Degree in Anesthesia.
Required: Certification as a Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA) from the National Board of Certification & Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists and the Texas Board of Nursing.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website