Location: The Center at Greenspoint
Provides midwifery care to obstetrical and gynecological patients in accordance with approved midwifery protocols.Job Duties
- Performs appropriate risk assessments and identifies appropriate patients for continued care and appropriate patients for transfer of care.
- Provides midwifery care to obstetrical and gynecological patients in accordance with approved midwifery protocols.
- Manages normal labor and conducts delivery, including assessment of maternal and fetal status, identification of deviations from normal and management of third stage, episiotomy and perineal repairs.
- Manages postpartum course, including patient education, referrals, contraception and follow-up.
- Identifies, manages and consults with medical back up for obstetrical emergencies. Consults with medical back up as needed in non emergent situations.
- Utilizes prescriptive privileges as allowed by the Texas Board of Nursing. Documents all prescriptions in patient's medical records.
- Performs psychosocial assessments to identify emotional, social, educational and cultural issues.
- Provides patient-centered counseling and anticipatory guidance.
- Document patient records fully, accurately and appropriately in the electronic medical record.
- Codes visits appropriately based on level of service provided and assures that documentation reflects that level.
- Participate in formal and informal education programs for students (medical students, OB residents, advanced practice nursing students), other health professionals, and the general community.
- Responsible for providing input into policies associated with the job's purpose and essential responsibilities.
- Contributes to the success of The Center by providing the highest-quality team-based care, being flexible and ready to ensure patients come first, and contributing to problem-solving in group settings.
- Works collaboratively with team members on quality improvement initiatives for both inpatient and outpatient care.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Education: Required: Masters' degree in Midwifery or nursing or related field.
Experience: Preferred: Two years of work in full-scope midwifery. Certification/Licenses/Registration: Required: Current licensing as a Registered Nurse and status as an Advanced Practice Nurse/Nurse Midwife by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. Current certification as a Certified Nurse Midwife by the American Midwifery Certification Board.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website