Title: Instructor - Nurse Practitioner - Abdominal Transplant Center
Department: Surgery, Abdominal Transplant
Location: BCM Main Campus, Houston
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Work Schedule: 40 hours a week/may require weekend coverage one weekend every 2-3 months with compensation
This position is in the Division of Abdominal Transplant Surgery in the Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery. Selected candidate will provide total patient care under the direction of a physician and will be part of a large physician extender team within the Department. In addition, selected candidate will be appointed as a faculty Instructor and be eligible for full faculty benefits.Job Purpose
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.Job Duties
- Primary responsibilities include seeing follow-up hepatology patients in the outpatient setting
- Obtains detailed history and performs physical examinations on patients with liver disease
- Orders and interprets diagnostics, and laboratory tests on patients as deemed appropriate
- Diagnoses medical conditions, plans and implements interventions, and evaluates the patient response to care.
- Prescribes and administers pharmaceutical treatments to patients with chronic liver disease
- Maintains required records in the EPIC electronic medical record system.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records and writes progress notes on patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Primary advocate for use of the EPIC Electronic Medical Record to ensure that clinic-generated information is complete and up-to- date in the EPIC system.
- Provides follow-up and health maintenance care to patients with liver disease in accordance with protocols established by physicians.
- Provide supervision, guidance and work direction to other nurses, medical assistants, clinic coordinators and other staff.
- New referral intake management and patient record review.
- Functions as a resource for the staff and acts as an informal educator to the staff while performing direct care activities.
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree and graduation from an approved Nurse Practitioner program or Physician Assistant program required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website