The Lead SAP HR Business Analyst role within BCM offers a great opportunity to be part of the business team tasked with completing a large business process and technology transformation to modernize Baylor College of Medicine. Our team will be one of the first in our industry to move to the latest in SAP/SuccessFactors technologies, pioneering solutions to advance our missions of Healthcare, Research, and Education. We are looking for individuals passionate about improving business processes, enabling technology to solve business problems, working in an environment experiencing fast-paced change, and developing expertise in the unique field of Academic Medicine.
This role will be leading our team in understanding current business challenges, developing processes and solutions to meet a variety of Human Resources needs, working with internal and external resources to collaborate on solutions, deliver enhancements, perform communications and training, and significantly contribute on major college-wide projects.
This role is a functional role within the SAP Business Applications team, primarily focusing on utilizing HR business process expertise, business analysis skills, and broader SuccessFactors/SAP expertise to develop and maintain solutions that align with business (HR) requirements and processes. The role will partner with other SuccessFactors and SAP analysts, as well as leaders in our HR organization, missions, and departments to develop the next generation of HR offerings for our 10,000+ employees.
The internal title is Lead, Business Applications; the working title is Lead SAP HR Business Analyst.Job Duties
- Collaborate with numerous teams and stakeholders to understand and prioritize the business needs and ensure continued improvement with effective use of SAP SuccessFactors.
- Engage in proactive suggestions for optimization and apply creative thinking to solve operational and business problems.
- Partner with IT teams, business representatives, and 3rd party vendors/consultants to select and innovate solutions that solve for BCM's business challenges.
- Act as a central point of contact for HR and departmental customers seeking improvements in the business processes or technology; gather important requirements to assist in prioritizing and developing project roadmaps.
- Coordinate major college-wide activities related to high impact HR processes, such as the annual student/resident intake process, benefits enrollment, annual required learning, etc.
- Lead SAP/SF HR design sessions, perform system demonstrations, facilitate workshops, gather and assess requirements for future solutions.
- Lead testing, training, and deployment activities for HR-related projects and upgrades.
- Participate and take ownership for HR processes/solutions needed to support larger college-wide initiatives.
- Review critical process KPI's together with key HR and departmental customers and provide ideas/suggestions to positively impact processes.
- Maintain solution documentation essential to a well-run platform and coach/mentor team members in developing enhanced understanding and support of the platform.
- Bachelor's degree. Four years of relevant experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Six years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience in HR Processes, HR Applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to translate business needs to technical resources and to communicate and simplify complex technical information for non-technical users.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Ability to balance the demands of projects, customer expectations, support, and operational requirements in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to coach, develop, influence, and motivate others.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- SAP HCM or SuccessFactors Employee Central certifications is a plus.
- This role must have very strong business analysis skills including: motivated to solve challenges, advanced problem-solving skills, ability to learn and apply knowledge quickly, ability to "dig in" to truly understand a business challenge, strong data analysis mindset, and the ability to evaluate and recommend solutions that fit our business needs. Additionally, this resource will need to have excellent communication skills, be able to work independently, and build strong relationships with internal customers.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website