Competent level Medical Assistant who is proficient in delivering patient care in the ambulatory care setting. Performs patient care responsibilities and provides clerical/administrative support in a clinical setting. Provides guidance to entry level Medical Assistants.Job Duties
- Performs routine patient care responsibilities such as taking vital signs, venipuncture (blood draws), collect specimens, EKGs/ECGs, and POCTs.
- Collects patient history, performs medication reconciliation and enters information in the electronic medical record.
- Sets up instruments and equipment for Physician.
- Assist with procedures as needed.
- Administer medication under direction / order of a supervising Physician.
- Instructs Patients on general care and medical procedures.
- Maintains patient and service rooms in a neat and orderly condition.
- Schedules patient tests, procedures, and appointments.
- Conduct patient outreach phone calls and post visit follow-ups.
- Performs clerical/administrative responsibilities such as filing and/or scanning patient medical records, obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, and referral information.
- Take inventory of clinic supplies and order supplies as needed.
- Sorts and distributes clinic mail and medical records to the appropriate clinic personnel.
- Required: High school diploma or GED and completion of a Medical Assistant Training program through an accredited institution.
- Required: Two years of relevant experience.
- Required: Current certification as a Medical Assistant through an accredited professional organization (CMA, RMA, NCMA or CCMA).
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website