We are looking for an experienced Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) to join our team in the outpatient Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Clinic. We focus on the neuro-rehabilitation and neuro-recovery of our patients. Our patient population consists of patients who have suffered from stroke, concussion, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury spasticity, pelvic floor dysfunction, and much more. The role of the CMA in our clinic is to ensure our patients are seen timely. Our CMA's room patients, take vitals, ensure rooms are turned over properly, assist with faxes, medications authorizations and much more. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our growing team.Job Duties
- Collects patient history, performs medication reconciliation and enters information in the electronic medical record.
- Notes the primary complaint/reason for patients visit.
- Discharges patient with proper orders and follow up visits.
- Sets up instruments and equipment for Physician.
- Assists with all clinical procedures.
- Draws medications including Botox under direction / order of a supervising Physician.
- Maintains patient and service rooms in a neat and orderly condition.
- Schedules patient tests, procedures, and appointments.
- Conducts patient outreach phone calls and post visit follow-ups.
- Performs clerical/administrative responsibilities such as filing and/or scanning patient medical records, obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, and referral information.
- Takes inventory of clinic supplies and orders.
- Sorts and distributes clinic mail and medical records to the appropriate clinic personnel.
- High school diploma or GED and completion of a Medical Assistant Training program through an accredited institution.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant through an accredited professional organization (AAMA, AMT, ARMA, NCCT, NAHP, NHA, NAHP, AMCA, or NRMA).
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website