Internal Title: Academic rank commensurate with qualifications and experience.Summary
The Center for Alzheimer's and Neurodegenerative Disease (CAND) and the Department of Neurology at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) are seeking a Neurologist-Scientist with clinical and research interests overlapping with Alzheimer's disease, Alzheimer's disease related dementias, and/or other neurodegenerative diseases. The successful candidate will be appointed at a faculty level commensurate with experience and achievement.Job Duties
Research: The candidate is anticipated to spend the majority of his/her time doing the following:
- leading a successful basic, translational, and/or clinical research program broadly related to Alzheimer's disease
- Alzheimer's disease related dementias, and/or other neurodegenerative diseases
- Extraordinary opportunities exist for innovative research collaborations throughout BCM and across the Texas Medical Center
Clinical responsibilities: The candidate will also maintain an outpatient clinic in:
- The Alzheimer's Disease and Memory Disorders Center in the Department of Neurology
- Participating in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with Alzheimer's disease, related dementias, and other cognitive-behavioral disorders
Education responsibilities: The candidate will:
- Interact with trainees and learners at various levels from BCM education programs participating in assigned clinical or research activities. These will include graduate students, medical students, postdocs, residents and fellows
- The successful candidate will also participate in seminars and other educations offerings from CAND, the Department of Neurology, and many other BCM programs
Qualified candidates will hold an M.D. or M.D., Ph.D. degree and have research experience and accomplishments in the field of neurodegenerative disease. Candidates will also be board certified/eligible in neurology and hold or be eligible for medical licensure in the state of Texas. Experience in the care of patients with dementia and cognitive-behavioral disorders is preferred.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website