To promote the mission, vision and goals of the Renal Division, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children's Hospital.Job Duties
- Provide safe, timely, effective, and efficient patient care at TCH West Campus; care may also be provided at TCH-Woodlands and TCH-TMC.
- Provide clinical leadership to medical and nursing staff.
- Role model ethical and professional behavior with every interaction.
- Supervise and educate medical and nursing staff when appropriate in the care of nephrology patients.
- Promote and practice evidence based medicine (EBM).
- Participate in quality improvement processes.
- Facilitate communication with referring physicians and promote outreach strategies.
- Serve on appropriate committees for clinical programs and strategic growth in community locations.
- Mentorship of renal fellows, residents, and medical students.
- Promote the academic mission of BCM and TCH in terms of research and scholarly activity.
- Represent BCM and TCH at local, regional and national gatherings.
Continuing Professional Development:
- Participate in continuing professional development activities to maintain personal knowledge and skills as appropriate (e.g. section sponsored activities, continuing medical education as well as maintenance of certification requirements for the ABP).
- Participate in local, regional, and national quality improvement committees.
- Stay current in the nephrology literature.
- Develop educational material and programs that focus on improving health care competence of patients and families.
- Develop educational program for fellows to promote community based nephrology.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website