Summary Job Purpose
This position provides advanced patient care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of two physicians (Intervention Cardiology and Electro-physiology).
This position is only working at the McNair clinic and responsible to provide patient care in the clinic and hospital setting.Job Duties
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Help with scheduling the procedures and tests at hospital for patients by placing the orders in St. Luke's Epic.
- Help with all obtaining authorizations for procedure (in case of requirement by patients' insurances), peer-to-peer with patients' insurances in case of need.
- Respond to MyChart messages/phone encounters and communicate with patients as it's needed on behalf of physicians.
- Occasionally review the device check reports if it's needed.
- Education Required: Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies. Note: Bachelor's degree in Physician Assistant Studies, accepted based on terminal degree requirements at time of graduation.
- Experience Required: One year
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current license as a Physician Assistant by the State of Texas, Physician Assistant Board. Specialty certification as required by department. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Familiarity with EPIC and also one-year related experience is preferred.
- This position will work closely with all members of cardiology, including Physicians, Other Mid-Levels, Medical Assistants, Nurses, Schedulers, Echo Technologists, other members of diagnostic team, admin team and patients, effective, professional, and friendly communication and interaction skills are required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated, subject to approved exemptions against vaccine- preventable diseases including, but not limited to COVID 19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website