A postdoctoral position is immediately available in Dr. Weei-Chin Lin's lab at the Departments of Medicine (Hematology and Oncology) and Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine. The successful candidate will study novel mechanisms of drug resistance in cancer (PNAS, 2021, PMID 33408251) and investigate new synthetic lethal combinations of targeted therapies. Eligible candidate will be considered for enrollment into a NCI T32 training program to foster her/his scientific career development.
Dr. Lin is a physician-scientist and Program Director of BCM Oncology T32 Training Program. Dr. Lin's lab studies the regulation of cell cycle and DNA damage response with the goal of developing novel cancer therapeutics. Lin lab is a highly productive working environment. Other recent publications include: Cancer Lett., 2021, PMID 34400221; JBC 2021, PMID 33556369; PNAS 2020, PMID 32541040; Mol. Cell Biol., 2020, PMID 31964753; Breast Cancer Res., 2019, PMID 31801577.
Interested candidates should email their CV, a cover letter explaining their relevant work experience and 3 names of references to Dr. Weei-Chin Lin at email@example.com.Job Duties
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator to perform the following duties:
- Plans, directs and conducts research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Documents results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- Highly motivated individuals with PhD in molecular and cell biology, with a demonstrated competence and experience and publications in internationally recognized journals.
- Technical expertise in standard basic molecular and cellular techniques, including cell culture, transfections and molecular cloning is a necessity.
- Experience with animal studies is preferred.
- Candidates must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, dedicated to science and problem solving, with organizational skills and effective at working independently and leading projects, while also collaborating and assisting the team in its collective research goals.
- Preference will be given for the candidates eligible for NIH training grants (US citizens or permanent residents).
- We are seeking high-quality recent PhD graduates with strong motivation and determination for academic career.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; PD; SN
Apply on company website