We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Wehrens Laboratory within the Cardiovascular Research Institute (CVRI) of Baylor College of Medicine. The CVRI features a world-class group of investigators with vast expertise in cardiovascular science, and Dr. Wehrens serves as its director. The Wehrens lab focuses on inherited and acquired arrhythmias and cardiomyopathies. The lab utilizes numerous techniques from cloning and in vitro cell work, to the generation of mutant mice and surgical models of heart disease. The lab possesses state-of-the-art equipment and is actively involved in the development of innovative techniques and devices for heart research. The lab is currently pursuing gene therapy and genome editing approaches for the treatment of inherited and common heart diseases.
- Organizes and implements complex research plans.
- Assist with the development of new methods,
- Testing and data collection.
- Analysis and interpretation of data.
- Writes detailed scientific reports and mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.
- The applicant's project is likely to focus on altered fibrogenesis in atrial fibrillation and heart failure, so prior experience working on mouse models of heart disease and/or fibroblast biology are beneficial.
- Possess superior communication skills and present their research findings on a regular basis to both peers within the center and at national and international meetings.
- Education Required: MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- Experience Required: None Required.
- PhD in biomedical sciences/ chemistry/ biophysics or an MD with at least 2 years of full-time research experience.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented individual with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong writing skills and experience writing manuscripts is preferred.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; PD; SN
Apply on company website