A Post-doctoral Fellow position is available in Dr. Qi Wu's lab located at Children's Nutrition Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine to investigate the neural circuit control of feeding behavior, the impact of brain-gut axis and microbiota on obesity, mental, sleep, and cognitive disorders, and translational medicine. The lab is currently working to publish a series of manuscripts supported by NIH and USDA grants. You will have the great opportunity to contribute to these exciting projects to be published in high-profile journals.
Our laboratory is associated with USDA Children's Nutrition Research Center at Baylor College of Medicine, and Texas Children's Hospital. The lab is well equipped with cutting-edge technologies including, inducible/conditional mouse models, viral-based circuit mapping and gene targeting, optogenetics and chemogenetics, in vivo and ex vivo electrophysiology, in vivo single-cell calcium imaging, in vivo EEG/EMG recording, functional profiling of novel drug targets, cognitive and metabolic behavioral equipment, including CLAMS, Bio-Daq Feeding System, and Home-cage Locomotion Analysis System. In addition, Baylor College of Medicine has outstanding core research facilities (microscopy & imaging, genomic, proteomic and transgenic) for the rapid advancement of research work.
For more information see the profile link: https://www.bcm.edu/people-search/qi-wu-33160Job Duties
- Expected to perform experiments and data analysis in genetic mouse models.
- Publish papers in peer-reviewed research journals.
- Apply for intramural and external fellowships
- Reports scientific findings in national conference.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- Experience in following fields strongly preferred: physiology, genetics, pharmacology, neuroscience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website