The Postdoctoral Associate must be proficient in molecular biology- particularly cloning. The individual must be willing to learn to grow/genotype and phenotype Arabidopsis lines; have some exposure with confocal microscopy and bioinformatics. Must have experience with genetic analysis. The candidate should be willing to do mouse husbandry and animal feeding studies- experience with animals not required. Candidate should be a capable of working with a group and participating in group projects.Job Duties
- Performs cloning and transformation of bacteria, yeast and plants.
- Assists with tissue culture experiments.
- Performs animal feeding studies.
- Assists with lab ordering, lab cleaning and general organization activities.
- Keeps good notes and documents all work.
- Trains junior level scientists.
- Light lifting, cleaning and equipment maintenance.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Have exposure and some experience with RNA seq and proteomic analysis.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website