The Menninger Computational Psychiatry Postdoctoral Fellow is responsible for data processing, analysis, and grant manuscript writing utilizing clinical (e.g., diagnostic, symptom level) and wearables (e.g., accelerometer, heart rate/ heart rate variability, actigraphy) data. The fellow will also have the opportunity to design and implement their own projects. Collaboration across interdisciplinary staff is a key component of the postdoctoral fellowship. The fellow will be expected to conduct advanced statistical analyses, particularly applying machine learning to large integrated datasets.Job Purpose
Postdoctoral research fellows are trainees working in an apprenticeship mode in preparation for a career as a scientific professional.Job Duties
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments in wearables for mental health.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- May establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- May be responsible for laboratory operations.
- May supervise research staff.
- Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience.
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology or Computer Science is a plus.
- Must have experience with computer programming with MATLAB, Python and/or R.
- Must be interested in working in a clinical mental health setting.
- Must be able to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams, including having exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate academic productivity (e.g., conference presentations, peer-reviewed publications, federal and/or foundation grants).
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website