Postdoctoral Associates are trainees working in an apprenticeship mode in preparation for a career as a scientific professional. The selected Postdoctroal Associate will conduct lab studies on the genomics of human brain tumors by utilizing the tumors that we take out of patients and studying them. We have several concurrent projects that are happening, including making patient derived cell-lines and models and analyzing frozen tumor tissue using DNA-sequencing, RNA-sequencing and methylation arrays. Until now, we have been compiling a large bit of data, as is needed in such genomic studies. For this, a technician was sufficient. However, now that we have amassed a significant amount of data, we are ready to do more sophisticated analysis, which would be more appropriate for a higher level person, such as a post-doc.Job Duties
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- May establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- May be responsible for laboratory operations.
- May supervise research staff.
- MD or Ph.D in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website