The Research Associate position is available immediately to study molecular and biophysical mechanisms of ion channel function and pharmacology, with particular emphasis on BK potassium channels and Cav1.1 calcium channels. Requires a high-level of skills and expertise in the area of research specialty.Job Duties
- Plans, directs and conducts research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Develops research techniques and performs applications required for specific research projects.
- May conduct literature searches and summarize information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- May supervise, schedule and coordinate the activities of less experienced research staff.
- Education Required: Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Experience Required: Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Experience with ion channel drug screening, or recording from skeletal muscle, BK channels or Calcium channels.
- Experience and training in Patch Clamp Electrophysiology and Molecular Biology.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website