Division: Emergency Medicine (80001043)
Department: Emergency Medicine (90005526)
Employment Duration: Full-timeSummary
To provide coverage for patient care for Emergency Medicine at Ben Taub General Hospital. This is a critical piece of the clinical service that will help maintain coverage within the Emergency Center and provide resident supervision. This position has already been approved by AMS and is fully funded by the district.Job Purpose
Provides advanced patient care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.Job Responsibilties
The physician assistant is expected to demonstrate competency in following areas:
- Productivity needs to meet or exceed standards as set by the Section and/or Department.
- Keep up with continuing medical education as per college and section requirements.
- Renewing and meeting all required licenses and certification requirements.
- Familiarize with EPIC- electronic medical records and document all patient encounters as needed.
- Complete all documentation in a timely manner so that billing and other administrative tasks can happen smoothly to ensure a robust operational system.
- Maintaining credentialing at all times to ensure practice is not disrupted.
Education: Required: Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies.
Experience: None required.
- Required: Current license as a Physician Assistant by the State of Texas Physician Assistant Board.
- Required: Specialty certification as required by department.
- Required: Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website