Company: Baylor College of Medicine
Location: Houston, TX
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Government, Nonprofit, Education
This is a part-time position, 10 hours per week. Schedule requires evening/night shift work and weekend hours.Job Duties
- Schedule research visits
- Maintain research participant charts
- Record research data
- Implement research procedures
- Ensure the clinical studies are conducted in accordance with guidelines of the FDA and other regulatory agencies
- Follow protocol orders for study and advise Principal Investigator or designated research coordinator with research participant progress
- Take routine or required actions to meet researchers or participants' needs
- Clinical research nursing procedures include: patient evaluation, obtaining vital signs and anthropometric measurements, collecting blood samples via venipuncture, IV placement, start and maintenance of infusion(s), specimen processing and maintenance of research records
- Maintain supplies stocked in clinical areas, order supplies, maintain clean and safe work environment
- Required: Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Two years of relevant experience as a licensed Registered Nurse (RN). Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
- Required: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing.
- Required: Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Work is located in patient unit/clinical, and/or laboratory areas where there is potential exposures to blood borne pathogens (blood &/or other potentially infectious materials), drugs, and chemicals.
- Initial Bloodborne Pathogens Training and a Bloodborne Pathogens Refresher Training must be taken annually.
- CITI Training is required to be completed and renewed as indicated.
- Bilingual preferred.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website