Seeking a talented individual to work with the team on a project to assess the metabolic consequences of dietary supplementation in pancreatic cancer. Applicants must have excellent computer, written and oral communication skills. The technician will be responsible for but not limited to literature research, document experimental results, deliver lab meeting presentations and conduct cell culture studies under the direction of the supervisor. Technician must be proactive and take initiative in all work related tasks. It is critical that the technician possesses a team-centered and goal-oriented mindset and foster a team work environment. The technician will help to advance the research goals and contribute to improve the lives of the families affected by these conditions.Job Duties
- Conducts cell culture experiments under the direction of the supervisor.
- Prepares solutions and reagents for project execution.
- Works on projects that might require to work with mice.
- Reviews current literature. Summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Keeps an organized research notebook and documents results.
- Presents data acquired from experimental results and describes project work.
- Works on software programs that includes Microsoft Suite, GraphPad Prism, Endnote, R and other programs.
- Utilizes database management skills and effective communication to recruit qualified research study subjects, including informed consent process.
- Organizes the collection and documentation of human subject data.
- Coordinates and documents biological sample collection and processing from study participants and providers, as needed.
- Learns how to split, feed, count and freeze down cells, basic mouse husbandry and phenotyping of mice.
- Conducts DNA and RNA manipulations such as purification and quantification, PCR, qPCR and restriction enzyme digestion.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
- B.S. degree in a biological and/or biomedical science, bioinformatics, or related experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Has willingness to learn new techniques, display initiatives, works independently and is an integral part of the organizational team, is punctual proactive, considerate, cost effective, organized and team player.
- Has knowledge of software programs that includes Microsoft Suite, GraphPad Prism, Endnote, R and other programs.
- Has molecular biology knowledge in DNA and RNA manipulations such as purification and quantification, PCR, qPCR and restriction enzyme digestion.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website