A lab in the Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology is seeking a self-motivated and team-oriented Research Technician II. The lab is interested in the structure, function, and dysfunction of intrinsically disordered proteins, and the application of biophysical techniques to investigate protein behavior, and the technician will perform functions that support these goals.
For more information: https://www.bcm.edu/research/faculty-labs/allan-ferreon-labJob Duties
- Prepares and performs standard molecular biology/biochemistry/biophysics experiments.
- Documents accurately and analyzes results using imaging, graphical, and statistical tools.
- Maintains laboratory supplies.
- Prepares laboratory reagents.
- Operates manual and automated instruments for drug screening.
- Conducts literature searches and stays informed on the latest studies concerning IDPs and their roles in stem cell biology and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Evaluates and troubleshoots techniques used in routine research.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
- Experience with molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, and/or biophysics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website