The laboratory of Dr. Mingshan Xue (https://www.bcm.edu/research/labs/mingshan-xue) in the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI) is seeking applicants for a research technician position. The technician will work in a multi-disciplinary team to study mouse models of neurodevelopmental disorders. Applicants, please submit a cover letter stating research experience and interest, a CV, and a list of referees.Job Duties
- Processes EEG data recorded from mouse models of neurological disorders that includes removal of recording artifacts, identification of pathological EEG signals, and computational analysis of EEG signals. 40%
- Performs mouse handling, husbandry, and genotyping. 30%
- Works on molecular biology that includes plasmid preparation, molecular cloning, and qPCR. 10%
- Conducts immunohistochemistry and imaging that includes animal perfusion, tissue fixation, sectioning, immunostaining, and fluorescence imaging of stained sections. 10%
- Assists with ongoing experimental work that includes autoclave, solution preparation, and ordering. 10%
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Experience in biology experiments.
- Experience with programming in Matlab or Python is a plus.
- Detail-oriented and interested in conducting independent research.
- Experience in biology and neuroscience is desired.
- Experience or background in math, physics, or engineering.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website